Data Retention Policy
Last updated: January 2018
Sites operated by Marketing Punch
What data Marketing Punch retain
Date of registration
We also collect information on surveys/questions that the consumer may complete. For example; ‘Who is there gas or electricity supplier’. For the purpose of this document these will be known as question blocks.
Why do Marketing Punch retain data
We retain data via our websites to:
- Provide the user with information about new prizes, winners the products and services Marketing Punch offers they may be interested in.
- Provide the user with a more personalised service
- Run competitions and promotions
- Enable users to log in to our websites
- To send partner offers via email, but only if the user specifically and optionally opts in to receive email promotions.
- To license telephone records to selected partners, but only if the user specifically and optionally opts in to receive email promotions.
Length of period data is retained
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from email communications if they do not engage with an email within the first 30 emails sent. If the user actively reengages with our website, Marketing Punch can resume emails, with the same retention terms applicable.
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from email communications if there is inactivity (Open or Click an email) for a period of 6 months.
- All active users whose registration is older than six months are sent an email every six months on a trigger, informing them that they are still a member and have an option to unsubscribe. This email contains no marketing message. If they click unsubscribe the user is automatically moved to the suppression table.
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from partner telephone marketing 24 months after signup.
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from partner direct mail marketing 24 months after signup.
- We store all profile matching data for a period of 24 months, this is to help Marketing the data subject receive better and relevant offers of interest.
- All users have the opportunity to change their marketing preferences at any time by logging in to their Communication Preferences on the website.
- 24 months after registering all inactive users are removed from our member base and placed in the suppression table. An inactive member is classed as anyone who has not opened or clicked an email for a period of 6 months.
- If a user requests to be deleted, they must confirm they want this to happen by email and then all personal data is moved to the suppression table. We store their details in case of regulatory issues and to make sure no further marketing is sent to them - As a business we fell that this is covered as a legitimate interest.
- Users are stored in our suppression file indefinitely, this is to make sure the data subject receives no further communication from Marketing Punch, unless the expressively request this by opting in to the site again. We store the below details off line & encrypted.