Last updated: May 2018
1. Marketing Punch Ltd (United Kingdom)(“ Marketing Punch”, “we”, ”us”, “our”) is the registered owner of these prize draw service websites and owns all rights, including the sites’ respective IP, copyrights and trademarks. We are registered with the ICO office (The Information Commissioner's Office in the United Kingdom) as a Data Controller and Data Processor under the Trading Name Marketing Punch Ltd, with Registration Number Z1503626.
2. Marketing Punch is committed to protecting your data. We collect your personal data to help us understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about ours, and our trusted third parties (subject to your consent) products and services. We ensure policies and procedures are in place to protect the data you provide when registering to our sites, and we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you'll find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.We work within the guidelines and advice provided by and made available by the Information Commissioner's Office, the regulator of the Data Protection Act 1998 and abide by the ICO’s requirements.
3. We seek to fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, the Electronic EU Regulations 2011 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). If you wish to find out more, please visit https://ico.org.uk/.
6. Marketing Punch has 3 main business purposes;
6.1. To manage the participation of the registered individual in draws and/or promotions organised by us;
6.2. To meet the purposes of funding our free websites. The commercial use of our competition website prizes are mainly funded by advertising and through the sending of commercial communications of named third parties, the carrying out of branded surveys, market and/or product/item reviews etc. To this end, it is necessary to submit the data of a consumer that registers on our site (“registered individual”) to standardisation, filtering and verification. The categories and methods of marketing communication which the registered individual’s may receive will be determined, subject to their active consent. All Companies and Partners are listed on our site (except for our branded surveys, which would rely on your explicit consent prior to agreeing to your details being shared), prior to registering.
6.3. To communicate, (via email, telephone or the chosen contact method) the data of interest to OfferX selected companies and trusted partners (“named third party companies”). Advertising will be sent by these named third party companies, subject to explicit, active consent by the registered individual prior to signing up or registering to our websites.We will only minimize the data and process only where it is adequate relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes stated above, in accordance with Art. 5 (1), (c) of the GDPR);
7. Our legitimate interest basis for obtaining and processing of your data is to:
7.1.manage your (as the registered individual) participation in our draws, promotions and/or device testing campaigns on our owned sites – such as maintaining your registration to our site;
7.2. improve and personalise our site to you, and this could be where we may market directly to you, about other relevant offers that may be of interest to you;
7.3. determine whether any of our trusted Partners we work with may have services, products and offers that may be of interest to you based on your preferences; and
7.4. where appropriate, relevant (and with consent) communicate your data to our trusted Partners. You may object to this processing at any time by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. We collect your details when you register or visit on one of our websites; subscribe to our service; correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. ‘personal data’ or ‘personal data’ means the information you provide during the registration process and any information you provide when entering prize draws, quizzes, surveys or competitions. Registration is required to participate in any of the branded surveys on the site, however merely browsing does not require registration.
9. The categories of personal data we may collect from you upon registration of via visiting our website:
10. We use your personal data collected via the Marketing Punch sites to:
11. We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors that will process data on our behalf (we retail full responsibility) for ensuring the data processor complies with this policy and all current data protection regulations).
12. Depending on the consents that you set up at the time of registration and what personal data we hold about you, we may pass your personal data to Site Sponsors, Brand Partners or Data Partners (collectively “third parties”) who may contact you by post, email and telephone for direct marketing purposes.
13. Email and Telephone data will only be released to third parties where you have given your positive consent (usually at the time of registration) allowing you to fully understand your registration preferences.
14. You can change or update your communication preferences at any time here http://www.offerx.co.uk/communication-preferences-login
15. Telephone data will only be released to carefully selected partners where it has been TPS’d (see ‘Opting Out’ below). Note: if you request a call from one of our sponsors or brand partners this will override the TPS.
16. We will only store your data in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. To read our Policy, click here.
For more information on how your Data is passed on when participating in a Branded Survey, refer to 27-33.
17. To enhance the services we provide, we aim to match your profile to third companies that we determine from analysis, that will have goods or services that would be of interest to you. It makes sense for us to ensure that you only receive offers that are relevant to you and fit within the context of your lifestyle and available purchasing power. For example, if you have provided your car insurance renewal data and have consented for third parties to contact you about one month before your renewal date, we will work with third party brand partners to send you a car insurance quote tailored to your needs – thus saving you time researching the entire market.
The data that we provide our third parties may be added to the information that they already hold about you. So, a car insurance company will check whether you have been a customer of theirs before. This is to ensure that they provide the right types of products, services and pricing to you.
When first contacting you, they always will seek your appropriate opt in and consent.
18. Data sharing in this way allows them to contact you in their own name about their products, services, promotions, offers and competitions, and/or to update their records for fraud prevention, debt tracing and anti-money laundering purposes.
19. We will share your data with the Marketing Services Providers listed below, who will use it to create products and services to help organisations better understand the likely characteristics of their customer’s characteristics and communicate with them more effectively, and enhan find others like them across a range of marketing channels. This may mean that you receive advertising that is more relevant to you via direct mail or when you visit a website. To understand more please visit through to the websites of the companies below; Experian Ltd- http://www.experian.co.uk/marketing-services/about/marketing-data.html
20. We do not knowingly, deliberately or aim to, collect personal data from children under the age of 18, either for registration or for marketing purposes. Our sites all ensure that a ‘You Must Be 18+ To Enter’ disclaimer is included in the registration section.
21. Our trusted Partners, both sponsors of the site and particular surveys, may wish to contact you based on your profile, but will only do so subject to your consent and preferences. They operate within the following industry sectors:
|Sector||Description and examples|
|Retail + Show companies|| |
• Carphone Warehouse
• Service Box
• Boost Energy
• British Gas
• BT Plc
• E Gas and Electricity
• Eco Energy
• Economy Energy
• EDF Energy
• First Utility
• Flow Energy
• Green Star Energy
• Greenstar Energy
• Hutchison 3G UK
• Neptis Media
• Octopus Energy
• Orbit Energy
• OVO Energy
• Scottish Power
• Simplify Digital
• Sky UK Limited
• Southern Electric
• Spark Energy
• Together Energy
• Toto Energy
• U Switch
• UK Carbon Care
|Finance + Show companies|| |
• ABC Inc
• Claims Helpdesk
• Claims Helpline
• Intercession Solutions Ltd
• Landmark Law
• Lepus Marketing
• LFS Claims
• Lito Marketing
• Mager Marketing
• MJL Focus
• Reclaim finance
• Richardson Mail
• Romada Claims Services
• The Central Claims Group Ltd
Loans, Credit cards and mortgages
• Vanquis Bank Limited
|Gambling + Show companies|| |
• The Football Pools Limited
|Insurance + Show companies|| |
• UK Life Protect
|Travel + Show companies|| |
• CLC World Resorts & Hotels
|General + Show companies|| |
• Ant Marketing
• At Impact
• EC Outsourcing
• First Contact
• Home Lead Gen
• Inspired Outsourcing
• Neptis Group
• Utilita Telesales
• Voice Marketing
• All About Response
• Benchmark Leads
• Data Blazers
• Data Giant
• DM Response
• Evolution DM
• Greenbutton London
• Intec Data Group
• Lad Media
• Lead 365
• Lead Labs
• Liquid 11
• Lloyd James
• Market Genius
• Marketing Lists
• Marketing Source
• Media Bowl
• Media Lab
• Media Octopus
• Mighty Marketing Group
• Mixxit Media
• Mokrynski International
• My Offers
• Odin Group
• Orca Media
• Perfect Ingenuity
• Response 1
• SAJ Media
• Straight Forward Media
• The Ark
• UK Datahouse
• Vigeo Marketing
22. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
23. You have the right to:
23.1. obtain access to your personal data;
23.2. receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data;
23.3. prevent processing which may cause you damage or distress;
23.4. object to direct marketing and select the contact channels by which we market
23.5. object to purely automated decision-making in certain cases;
23.6. you have the right to seek compensation through the civil courts for a breach of a data controller’s obligations;
23.7. ask us to correct any errors and/or delete the information we hold ;
23.8. Be forgotten by requesting all personal data collected from you, by us, be deleted completely from our database, systems and servers*;
23.9. opt out of any further contact by us or selected brand partners or sponsors;
23.10. Be notified in the event of a data breach, where data lost or stolen involves your personal data; and
23.11. Write to, report, or complain to your relevant supervisory authority, depending on your EU Member State (example, for UK data subjects, it is the ICO).
24. Your 'Registration Details' (and other details depending on which activities you chose to participate in on the Site) will be shared, by way of either single or multiple use data licences, with selected Data Partners who may then contact you by email, telephone or post depending on the consents that you supplied us at the time of registration or subsequently.
25. We usually only permit Data Partners to use these details to contact you for a pre-specified limited period And they, like us, are obliged to comply with all relevant data protection requirements regarding their holding and use of these details including screening (according to the method used to contact you) against the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and Mailing Preference Service (MPS) prior to use. Your IP address (see 'Cookies' section 46 for more details) will not be shared with our Data Partners unless you participate in their Branded Survey (see below).
26. Participating Data Partners may also use your personal data for the purposes of fraud prevention, e.g.: anti-money-laundering and debt tracing according to their privacy policies.
27. If you take part in a branded Survey on the site, then we will, in addition to the Registration Details referred to above, provide the Survey Sponsor (who will be clearly named) with your personal data as follows ('Survey Details'):
28. IP address (the unique numbers that identify the computer you are using to participate in the Survey)
29. Your responses to the Survey and date of response and any other information specific to the Survey that you are asked to provide
30. Cookies captured from your use of the Site generally and in completing the Survey.
31. The Survey Sponsor will use your responses and the Registration Details to identify what future competitions, surveys, offers, and information about their products and services you may be interested in, and to contact you by the methods referred to above. We do not place a specific timeframe on their use of the Registration and Survey Details
32. Please note as part of the registration process and completing the branding surveys and giving your consent you are agreeing to be contacted by the companies running the Branded Surveys by the methods referred to in 6.2, including by telephone. This will take preference over any registration that you may have with the TPS (Telephone Preference Service) of the number you have provided to us or updated with us. It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive such calls, so if you are registered with the Telephone Preference Service and decide you no longer wish to hear from Marketing Punch, you can leave the Marketing Punch Scheme at any time.
33. If you no longer wish to hear from any of the companies running the Surveys who have received your personal data, you will need to contact each of them directly to request this. This also applies to any other preference service you may have registered with such as the Mailing Preference Service.
All prize draws on the Site will be clearly marked as either being sponsored by us or a named third-party sponsor ('Competition Sponsor'). Your Registration Details, that you submit when entering the competition will be used to administer the competition and as follows:
34. If you enter a prize draw which is sponsored by us, this personal data may be, subject to your consent, shared with our Data Partners.
35. Some prize draws have additional provisions for how your personal data is used. Please ensure you read the particular terms and conditions for each prize draw before taking part in that prize draw.
36. You have the option of Opting In or Out of receiving marketing communications from ourselves and our various partners at any time - including at registration by choosing the To enter without receiving marketing messages.
37. When registering your details, you will be required to actively opt in to;
37.1. receive offers and updates by email, telephone and post from selected third party companies which we believe will be of interest.
37.2. Agree that our trusted partners may contact you with more interesting offers by telephone
37.3. Acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to our terms prior to registration.
39. You may change your preferences at any time via the “How to Unsubscribe” pages once you are registered.
40. Third-party providers are able to send you communications via email, post or telephone only until such time as you exercise your right to opt out of receiving such communications. However please be aware that marketing campaigns are often planned well in advance, so your changes will be accepted immediately, but may not be effective immediately.
41. In addition, Website Sponsors have their own privacy policies and some have their own opt-in statements. It is strongly recommended that you read and understand this information.
42. You can unsubscribe or opt out from any communications from our scheme or any third-party brand at any time as indicated above, but you may also wish to consider the following for a more general Opt-Out.
Opting Out – Email or SMS (text message) Contact You can unsubscribe from receiving e-mail or SMS marketing communications from any individual third-party by using the instructions in any email communication such third-party sends you (usually an ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘STOP’ link).
Opting Out – Telephone calls To withdraw your consent for live or automated calls from anyone, you can add your name to the Telephone Preference Service which is maintained at this website address: www.tpsonline.org.uk
Opting Out – Social Media
43. You should be aware that some external data processors may be based outside the European Union, whose laws provide a different standard of protection than that provided under English law. We will not release your data to a non-EU country processor without performing proper due diligence as to the standards of data protection within the specified country and proof of compliance with the standards of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation. Such requirements will be part of a formal and legally binding Data Processing agreement.
44. We store all data collected in an encrypted environment and only for as long as is necessary However, despite our best efforts the Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us via the Internet. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
45. We automatically collect your IP address and record the web page from which you originated if you are using the service’s website.
Cookies are used to increase your security, not infringe on your privacy. Cookies are needed to monitor, facilitate, administer and optimise the website and service for users and to earmark any possible technical issues that may arise within the website or the service. We may use your IP address to help identify you, tend to any difficulties and to gather demographic and profile information. We also use the ‘cookies’ to collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your web browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to do this, you may not be able to avail yourself of some or all of the functionalities that the website or the service may offer.
The type of cookies that we use on our sites are:
These cookies allow OfferX to collect information about how visitors use the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
Allows us to monitor user experience.
|Essential site cookies||
These cookies are essential for the operation of the OfferX website.
46. You may request access to, rectification and/or erasure of any personal data which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR.
47. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you would any data we may hold about you to be completely deleted, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at address below. We will promptly endeavour to correct any information found to be incorrect.
49. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10th May 2018.